Cowboy cookies that are hearty, thick and chewy made with pecans, chocolate chips and oatmeal.
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 Cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Cups quick cook oats
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and then the vanilla extract. Beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to wet ingredients until combined.
- Add oatmeal, pecans and chocolate bits and blend well. Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350˚ F oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool on cooling rack.
Chocolate chips should by roughly chopped. Some will be tiny bits and some will be almost full chocolate chips. It’s completely up to you how fine you want your chocolate.
Make sure not to over bake. Bake one cookie first to test your oven for baking time. Let cool and taste to see if you need to add less or more time.
Use quick cook oats. Other types of oats make not bake as well in these cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cowboy cookies recipe, how to make cowboy cookies