Try this cranberry nut bread recipe which produces a rich, dense bread with tart bites of cranberries. Perfect served with tea or coffee and lovely wrapped as a gift!
If you love this nut bread recipe, you’ll also love my grandma’s delicious nut bread recipe.
Every once in awhile my mom mentions a recipe that I don’t remember. But I decide to try it anyways. This one comes from a Betty Crocker cookbook from decades ago. The moment the nut bread was baking in the oven I recognized the amazing aroma of the bread and it brought me back to childhood. Give this unique bread a try.
Table of Contents
Cranberry Nut Bread Ingredients
There are just a few essential ingredients to make this tart but sweet recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour – For this recipe, you will need good ‘ol all-purpose flour. Make sure to spoon into your measuring cup and level to get an accurate amount.
- Sugar – Nothing says sweet than sugar! White granulated is our chosen sweetener to balance the tartness of the cranberries.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda – This recipe calls for both to make sure to add the right amount of each!
- Butter – You will use softened butter to create a crumble before adding your wet ingredients.
- Orange Zest and Orange Juice – Both give a citrus flavor, which adds to the tartness of the cranberries.
- Nuts – I prefer walnuts in this recipe, but you can use any nut.
- Cranberries – The star of the show! Make sure to cut them into small pieces to get cranberry taste in every bite.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
How to Make Cranberry Nut Bread
This recipe does come together very easily. Its steps are a bit different than when you make cookies or other bread, but the results speak for themselves so follow closely!
Prep: Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Line only the bottom of a 9x5x3 bread pan.
- Mix: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir in the softened butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir: Stir in the orange zest, orange juice, and egg into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Add the cranberries and nuts and mix until combined.
- Bake: Spread the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. During the baking process, if the top looks to be browning, cover with aluminum foil.
- Cool Cool for five minutes and then remove from the pan to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Nut Bread FAQ
Once cooled, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
My favorite way to freeze it is to cut the nut bread into slices. Freeze individually in little plastic bags. Place in the toaster for 4-5 minutes to reheat, and enjoy.
Use small mini loaves or a large loaf. Adjust baking time based on pan size. Once cool, wrap in plastic wrap and place a ribbon on top. It can be frozen and made ahead.
Cranberry Nut Bread
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 Cup orange juice
- 1 Cup cranberries chopped
- 1/2 Cup nuts chopped
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Line only the bottom of a 9x5x3 bread pan.
- Mix: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir in the softened butter until the mixture is crumbly
- Stir: Stir in the orange peel, orange juice, and egg just until moistened. Add the cranberries and nuts and mix until combined.
- Bake: Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Cool for five minutes and then remove from the pan to cool completely on a cooling rack.