- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 31/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a food processor, add the cranberries, pecans and packed brown sugar. Cover and blend until the ingredients are finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with a mixer on medium to high speed for at least 30 seconds. Add the sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined. Beat in eggs and orange peel until combined. Add in the flour until well mixed. Divide the doug in half. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Roll half the dough between parchment paper to make a 10 inch square. Spread half of the filling over the dough square to 1/2 inch from the edge. Roll up the dough and seal. Wrap in parchment paper and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Cut the rolls into 1/4 inch slices. Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Category: Dessert