These sweet and tangy cream cheese cookies are super easy to make and have a delightful fluffy texture. The sweetness of a typical cookie, combined with the tang of cream cheese and crunchy pecans, make this a unique vintage recipe that is sure to please!
“These are the best cookies you made!”
That’s what my dad said about the cream cheese cookies when he had his selection of a plate of cookies to try. They have the sweetness of a sugar cookie, but there’s a tang to them because of the cream cheese. They’re super easy to make like no-bake cookies and they freeze really well like cowboy cookies. They’re an all-around classic cookie!
Lucky for me (and for you) my great Aunt Margaret put how many ounces of cream cheese you need in this recipe. Side note: Most vintage recipes would have just said 2 packages -and these would not have turned out! Today’s cream cheese comes in packages of 8 ounces so you don’t even need one full package.
Cream Cheese – Make sure to fully soften cream cheese before creaming it with the (softened) butter. This will make a fluffier cookie.
All-Purpose Flour – After much research, I discovered that many cream cheese cookies need cake flour – not these! You can use regular ol’ all purpose flour for these fluffy delicious cookies.
How to Make Cream Cheese Cookies
- Using a mixer, cream together the softened butter and cream cheese with the salt and sugar.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla. Add the flour, salt, and pecans.
- Drop onto parchment paper using a medium cookie scoop and bake at 350˚ F for 15-17. minutes or until the cookies are just lightly golden brown around the edges.
These cookies are AMAZING and unique. They’re the perfect cookie when you’re in the mood for something new. Enjoy! My dad says they’re the best!
These sweet and tangy cream cheese cookies are super easy to make and have a delightful fluffy texture. The sweetness of a typical cookie, combined with the tang of cream cheese and crunchy pecans, make these a unique vintage recipe that is sure to please!
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ Cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese for 1 minute on medium speed. Beat in the vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, flour, and pecans. Add to the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Drop batter onto a greased or lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Let cool on the cookie sheet.
Size of Cookies – The baking time is based on using a medium cookie scoop. A medium scoop is 1 ½ tablespoons per cookie. You can adjust the size but if making smaller, make sure to adjust your baking time.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 8.8
- Sodium: 51.3
- Fat: 12.9
- Carbohydrates: 17.3
- Protein: 2.2
- Cholesterol: 35.3
Keywords: cream cheese cookies