With all this snow around, I’ve got soup on the brain. Anything warm for dinner is a necessity. I figure it helps me save money. The warmer the dinner the lower I can set my thermostat and still feel warm. 🙂 That’s why when I stumbled upon this Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe last week, I set to work. And by work, I mean easy work. You pretty much dump everything into the crock pot and let it go.
Let it go… let it go…. dang Frozen.
To find this recipe I turned to this cookbook I received as a wedding gift. I don’t think I’ve used this cookbook much. With all the recipes online, I typically go to google. However, I’m really glad I found this one as it’s super easy to make and absolutely delicious! Not to mention, it’s warm! Ha!
Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe
To make this crock pot chicken chili recipe you will need:
1 TB vegetable oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cups chicken broth
2 TB fresh cilantro, chopped
2 TB lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can great northern beans, drained
1 can butter beans, drained
2 chicken breasts
If you’re looking for the red pepper sauce, you can find it with all the Tabasco sauces. I looked EVERYWHERE for it in the grocery store. It was hard to find if you don’t know where to look. You don’t want regular tabasco sauce, you want the pepper sauce. And it’s made with red peppers.
In a skillet heat the vegetable oil and saute the onions over medium heat for 6 – 8 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
Add the onion and garlic to the crock pot. Top with the chicken. I made my soup with three chicken breasts but it was a bit too much chicken, that’s why I adjusted the recipe above to 2 chicken breasts.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 5 hours or until the chicken is completely cooked. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred. Place it back into the crockpot and keep warm until serving.
Top your chicken chili with shredded tortilla chips and green onions for a bit of crunch. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can great northern beans drained
- 1 can butter beans drained
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 cups tortilla chips shreds
- In skillet, saute onions until translucent. Add garlic and saute an additional minute. Add entire mixture to crock pot.
- Place the chicken on top and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cook in the crock pot on low for 5 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken and shred. Place back into soup mixture.
- Top with green onions and shredded tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Did you create this?
Share it on Instagram and follow us on Pinterest for more Cleverly Simple recipes.
Comments & Reviews
This sounds very tasty, can’t wait to make it and eat it! Thanks…..