Chicken fajita soup recipe made in the crockpot.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts or other equivalent sized chicken
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of sweet corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 regular size jar salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix.
- 4 cups chicken broth (equal to 32 oz. carton)
- Remove chicken skin if using bone-in.
- Lightly salt and pepper one side of each piece of chicken.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high with 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
- When pan is hot, place the seasoned chicken face down and let cook for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly salt and pepper the other side.
- Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Now turn the heat off, place on a lid and let the chicken rest in its own juices for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, drain your cans of beans and corn.
- In the crockpot bowl, lay down your uncut chicken, followed by the jar of salsa, drained beans and corn and undrained tomatoes and green chili’s.
- Add your taco seasoning and ranch seasoning.
- Pour 4 cups of chicken broth over everything and stir.
- Turn the crockpot on low for at least 5 hours.
- Before serving, pull out the chicken and cut into chunks or remove from the bone. Place the chicken back into the soup.
- Top with things like baked tortillas, cheese, sour cream, fresh lime or cilantro.