Shredded chicken sandwiches made in the crockpot using stovetop stuffing and Ritz crackers. This shredded chicken sandwich recipe feeds a crowd!
- 50 oz can of boneless chicken, drained
- (2) 12 oz cans of white chicken breast, drained
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 heaping tsp of chicken bouillon paste dissolved in 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup Stove Top stuffing, dry mix
- Line your crockpot with a slow cooker liner.
- Add all ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Cook on high for one hour. Continue cooking on low for at least 3 more hours.
- Serve hot on buns.
The stove top you need for this recipe is straight out of the box. Do not make it on the stovetop and then add it to the shredded chicken recipe. Instead, just measure out 1/4 cup of the dry stuffing mix.
This makes approximately 25 sandwiches with a little more than 3 ounces of chicken per sandwich. Larger or smaller buns will adjust the number of sandwiches that this recipe produces.