Easy dairy free potato soup made with thick cut bacon, creamy unsweetened coconut milk and a colorful medley of purple, yellow and red potatoes.
- 16 oz. thick cut bacon
- 2 bunches green onion
- 1 red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 lb. petite medley potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 14 oz. full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Chopped parsley
- Roughly chop 16 oz. of thick cut bacon. Saute the pieces in a soup pot until crispy.
- Chop up two bunches of green onions using all of the white parts first and enough greens to make 1 and 1/4 cup total. Remove seeds and chop one whole red pepper and mince three garlic cloves.
- When the bacon is crispy, pour it out onto a paper towel to drain. Leave 1 Tablespoon of bacon fat in the pan. Saute the onion, pepper and garlic in the pan, stirring occasionally on medium heat, until the vegetables are translucent.
- Turn off the heat and chop one cup each of celery and carrots. Roughly chop 3 lbs. of red, yellow and purple petite potatoes.
- On medium heat, stir in the carrots, celery, potatoes, 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn and two cups chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer the soup for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Then add an 4 additional cups of chicken broth.
- Shake and open a can of full fat, unsweetened coconut milk and pour it into your soup. Add 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt. Add your crispy bacon back in and heat through.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
Keywords: dairy free potato soup recipe