Cheesy hashbrown casserole is the perfect casserole to accompany any main dish! It’s cheesy, easy to make and is absolutely delicious!
Table of Contents
Why Hashbrown Casserole is My Favorite
- You can make it the night before. Make as directed just cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- It goes alongside pretty much every single main dish idea like meatloaf. Mmmmm, meatloaf.
- It’s a great side dish for the holidays. We enjoy it for Christmas. Father’s Day. You name the holiday, our family is enjoying this as a side dish.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
How to make Hashbrown Casserole
Throw all the ingredients (except the potato chips) into a bowl and give it a good stir. Use some muscle!
Press into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
Top with crushed potato chips. Yum! My kids love this step.
Bake in a preheated 350˚F oven for 1 hour or until bubbly and the middle internal temperature reaches 160˚ F. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
This cheesy hashbrown casserole recipe truly is the perfect side dish for any occasion. I know my family is excited when I make it. Enjoy!
Can you freeze hashbrown casserole?
Yes. Make as directed (leaving out the potato chips) and cover to freeze. Let thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake as directed.
Do I need to thaw the hashbrowns before making this recipe?
No, you do not have to. However, it’s easier to make this recipe if you do thaw them ahead of time. I place the bag of hashbrowns in the refrigerator the night before I plan to make this recipe.
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- 30 oz Southern style hashbrowns thawed
- 8 Tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 Pint sour cream
- 2 Cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 Tablespoons dried onions
- 2 Cups potato chips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Melt butter and add to thawed hashbrowns in a large bowl. Stir.
- Add cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cheddar cheese and dry onions to hashbrowns. Mix well.
- Add to buttered 9×13 baking pan. Top with crushed potato chips.
- Bake in pre-heated 350˚F oven for 60 – 75 minutes or until the middle internal temperature reaches 160˚F and the edges are bubbly.
The recipe was originally published in June 2013. It has been updated with pictures and descriptions. The recipe is the same.