One thing I love about any holiday, is that you can take the theme and add it to your favorite recipes. Muddy Buddies are a big hit in our home. That is, with all of us except for the four year old who doesn’t like chocolate. What is up with that? The more for us?
This Muddy Buddies recipe will have you thinking Spring and Easter! It’s so easy to add this little twist that makes them perfect for your Easter celebration. Fill a little tin with Almond Muddy Buddies and place them at each person’s seat before your Easter feast. They’re a great snack!
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 bag Jordan Almonds (mixed pastel colors)
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the mixture of the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is all coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon ziplock bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle the Jordan Almond candies throughout the cereal, and package in festive containers.