Just five ingredients to make this easy oven baked buffalo chicken dip recipe that’s perfect for game day. This creamy, spicy dip tastes like buffalo wings and is perfect paired with chips or celery sticks.
With football season comes some great appetizers. I grabbed a family favorite easy baked buffalo chicken dip recipe if you’re in the mood for a dip instead of actual oven baked BBQ wings. But let me warn you. This creamy, cheesy and delicious dip is addicting. The buffalo sauce infused chicken is topped with a cream blue cheese layer and then topped with cheddar cheese. Yum!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients (only five!):
- Marzetti Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
- canned chicken breast, drained
- cream cheese
- Frank’s buffalo wings hot sauce
- ½ – 1 cup of cheddar cheese
You’ll also want to grab some celery and tortilla chips for dipping
How to Make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Step 1: Mix the chicken and hot sauce together.
Step 2: Place the buffalo sauced chicken in a baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 – 12 minutes. This helps marinate the chicken with the hot sauce.
Step 3: While the chicken is baking, mix together the softened cream cheese and and blue cheese.
If you like a little bit more of a bite to your dip, you can add more blue cheese. I personally, think the ½ cup is perfect. Spoon the mixture onto the baked chicken. Bake for another 10 – 12 minute or until the edges are bubbling.
Step 4: Top with cheddar cheese!
This baked buffalo chicken dip is seriously so easy to make with it’s layers of buffalo sauce chicken and creamy blue cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks and try not to eat the entire dip! Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Oven Tips:
Can you freeze the buffalo chicken dip? I wouldn’t recommend it. The cheese will change consistency.
What size baking pan do I need to make the dip? I used a 9×11 baking pan for this recipe.
Can you substitute a different sauce for the blue cheese? Yes. BBQ sauce is delicious if you prefer something more sweet. You can also use ranch dressing which also offers a different flavor. My favorite is blue cheese because of the bite it has in contrast to the cream cheese.
What kind of blue cheese should I use in this recipe? Does it matter? Yes. It matters. The best blue cheese is found in your produce section with other salad dressings. A real chunky blue cheese like Marzetti Blue Cheese dressing is going to give you the best result.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time? This recipe is best served hot from the oven. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated to enjoy.
More Oven Baked Appetizer Recipes
Just five ingredients to make this easy oven baked buffalo chicken dip recipe that’s perfect for game day. This creamy, spicy dip tastes like buffalo wings and is perfect pair with chips or celery sticks.
- ½ Cup Marzetti Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
- (2) 12 oz cans of chicken breast, drained
- (2) 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of Frank’s Buffalo hot sauce
- ½ – 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Celery and tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix drained chicken and buffalo sauce together. Place in baking dish and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Mix together softened cream cheese and blue cheese. Spoon onto hot chicken mixture. Bake for 10 – 12 additional minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve immediately with tortilla chips and celery.
Keywords: baked buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip recipe, baked buffalo chicken dip recipe, easy buffalo chicken dip