These sugar cookies look like candy corn when you add food coloring to the dough.
- 1 1/2 pounds favorite sugar cookie dough
- Orange coloring
- Yellow coloring
- White candy coating
- Tools to shape dough
- Prepare your sugar cookie dough
- Divide the dough into three equal portions. Using the mixer, color one portion with orange, clean the mixer and color a second portion with yellow. The third portion is to be left as is.
- Refrigerate the dough balls for one hour before shaping
- Roll out the yellow dough ball into a strip that is 24 inches long, 1.5 inches wide and 3/4 inch in height. Next, roll out the orange dough the same way and place it next to the yellow. Finally, roll out the uncolored dough and place it next to the orange. You will have created a tri-colored rectangle.
- Press the colored strips together until they measure 4 inches along the short side of the rectangle.
- Slice off 1 inch bars from the short side of the rectangle. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake them for 12 minutes at 375 degrees or until set, but not browned on the underside. Cool for a couple minutes and then move to cooling racks.
- When the cookies are completely cool, melt your white candy coating according to the instructions and dip the uncolored top of each bar into the melted candy coat and place on wax paper to dry.
Nutrition information based on our favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe.