This strawberry angel food cake vintage recipe is made with jello, cool whip, frozen fresh strawberries, and angel food cake. That’s it! Only four ingredients. It’s a sweet no-bake make-ahead refrigerated strawberry dessert that has become a true family favorite for us.
- 3 oz package of strawberry Jell-O
- 1 1/4 cups water, boiling
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, frozen
- 1 (8 oz) package of Cool Whip, thawed
- 13 oz angel food cake
- Wash and cut fresh strawberries into bite-size pieces. Freeze until ready to use.
- Break angel food cake into 1 – 2 inch pieces.
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Add frozen strawberries and stir.
- Place strawberry mixture into a large bowl and fold in the Cool Whip. Add angel food cake pieces and combine.
- Pour into 11×7 or 9×13 pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until fully set.
How to Freeze Fresh Strawberries
- Wash: The day before you plan to make this recipe, wash and cut one pound of fresh strawberries. You’ll want the strawberries to be bite-size.
- Freeze: Place them on parchment paper and freeze.
- Store: Once they are semi-frozen you can put them in a plastic bag to use when you’re ready to make the strawberry angel food cake.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 21
- Sodium: 301.8
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 37.5
- Protein: 3.7
- Cholesterol: .1
Keywords: strawberry angel food cake, strawberry angel food dessert, angel food cake dessert, strawberry dessert