Easy homemade butter biscuits that are soft, buttery and delicious made from scratch. No buttermilk needed! These flaky butter biscuits are the best you will ever make!
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 Cup butter, cold
- 3/4 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter until resembles small peas.
- Slowly add 3/4 Cup of milk and mix with fork until dough is just slightly sticky. Use more milk if needed.
- Remove dough from bowl and fold over 10 times on floured surface.
- Flatten the the dough using hands until about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on un-greased dark baking pan. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Before adding butter to dry ingredients, cut into small cubes to make cutting in the butter easier and faster.
If making the biscuits ahead of time, you can cut out the individual biscuits and freeze them separately. Once frozen, store in an airtight container in the freezer. Bake frozen when ready following the same baking instructions but adding additional time.
Keywords: homemade biscuit recipe, easy homemade biscuits, homemade biscuits from scratch, ingredients for homemade biscuits, how to make homemade biscuits