I have an easy hamburger recipe for you today! This easy homemade hamburger pie is so easy to make and I had it on the table in a little over 30 minutes! I have to admit a few of the ingredients caused me to pause but together they were SO GOOD! This hearty dinner recipe will surely be a hit at your house as it was at mine. My two year old even loved it. He is such a picky eater so finding a recipe that he loves and I love, is hard to do.
To make this easy hamburger pie you will need:
1 lb hamburger
1/3 Cup chopped onion
8 oz tomato sauce
8 oz green beans (drained)
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp salt
1 can crescent rolls (8 oz)
1 egg beaten
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
I forgot to include the hamburger in the picture above. That was because it was defrosting in the microwave. I tend to completely forget to pull hamburger out of the freezer in plenty of time. The crescent rolls were not in the picture because… I forgot. They were hanging out with the pie plate.
Here they are! I have never used crescent rolls before for a pie crust. But this won’t be the last time. They baked up beautifully and it was super easy. Couple that with the fact they’re always on sale, and you have a real winner.
The first step in this recipe is to brown the ground beef and fully cook it with the onions. Once the ground beef is cooked, drain the fat. Add the tomato sauce, salt, garlic salt and green beans. Let simmer on low while you prepare the pie.
To make the crust with the crescent rolls, easily roll them onto a pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray. You can pinch them where the triangles meet. Essentially just manipulate them into the place you want them.
Beat an egg and mix it with 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Place it on the bottom of the pie pan.
Add the ground beef mixture on top.
This recipe is not only delicious the night of dinner but it was equally good for leftovers! Yum! Enjoy, friends!Print
Classic hamburger pie – and easy weeknight meal!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1/3 Cup chopped onion
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 8 oz green beans (drained)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can crescent rolls (8 oz)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown hamburger and onion together until hamburger is fully cooked. Drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, green beans, salt and garlic sauce. Stir and let simmer on low while you prepare the pie.
- Unroll the cresecent roll dough and spread over the bottoms and sides of a 9″ pie pan.
- Combine beaten egg and 1 Cup of cheese and spread over bottom of crust.
- Spoon hot ground beef mixture onto crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Category: Main