Easy Classic Meat Lasagna Recipe
I love lasagna and so I’ve been on the hunt for a good recipe. It’s my kid’s favorite meal that I make, but I want all the ease of a normal meal on a busy weeknight. When I want to go a little fancier than my skillet lasagna recipe then I go for the classic lasagna recipe made with no-boil noodles. The no-boil noodles are KEY!
Why no boil noodles? Because they are so easy and you can’t tell the difference once the lasagna is cooked! The key is giving them enough room to expand during the recipe – and making sure you have enough sauce for them to soak up. Lasagna has a reputation for a laborious recipe – and no boil noodles change that conversation.
You can see once you layer your lasagna that it looks like the pan is not quite filled – never fear. It will all fill out.
Once baked, it fills the pan beautifully – and besides a little rippling, no one is the wiser.
If you love lasagna as much as our family – you will love the ease of the no boil noodles. They’re my lasagna best friend. 🙂
My favorite classic Lasagna recipe is below! Enjoy!
Classic Lasagna Recipe with No Boil Noodles
- 9 oz no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 48 oz pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, two cups of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked.
- In a 13×9 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce mixture on bottom of pan and then Layer the following:3 uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles1 cup sauce3/4 cup of the Ricotta cheese mixture1/3 cup of the cooked meat1/4 cup mozzarellaRepeat for 3 more layers
- Top with mozzarella cheese and cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
Looking for another delicious lasagna? Give this Mexican Lasagna Recipe a try!
Originally posted June, 2012