Easy strawberry freezer jam using fresh strawberries, sugar and pectin.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 4 cups sugar
- 1.74 oz box Sure Jell fruit pectin
- Clean jelly jars and strawberries. Remove stems from strawberries.
- Blend or crush strawberries to create desired consistency. Measure two cups of crushed strawberries and place in large bowl.
- To the large bowl add 4 cups of sugar. (Make sure to use exact amount.) . Let stand for 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Stir 1.75 oz package of fruit pectin with 3/4 cup water in saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Let boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add the boiled pectin to the strawberry mixture. Stir for 3 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved and mixture becomes thick.
- Fill jelly jars immediately leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top. Cover with lids and let set at room temperature for 24 hours. Freeze for up to 1 year.
Four cups of fresh whole strawberries will make approximately 2 cups of crushed strawberries.
- Category: Canning
- Method: Canning
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry freezer jam, strawberry jam