Easy lasagna casserole recipe made with homemade sauces and not your traditional noodles – but pasta!
- 2 – 24 oz. quality marinara sauce
- 1 lb. ground meat (venison, sausage or beef)
- 1 – 16 oz. dried pasta
- 1 – 16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup natural sour cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley + more for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 t. salt
cracked black pepper
- Boil a large pot of salted water and pour an entire 16 oz. box of dried pasta into it. Cook the pasta al dente, drain, and stir in some olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking. Set aside.
- For the red sauce, cook 1 pound of ground venison, sausage, or beef. Drain it well and add two 24 oz. jars of quality marinara sauce. Simmer the sauce on low for a few minutes and set aside.
- For the white sauce, stir together 16 oz. of small curd cottage cheese, 1 cup full fat sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh parsley, three cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, 1 cup freshly grated parmesan and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Layer the easy lasagna using the following order: red sauce (at bottom), 1/2 of the pasta, red sauce, white sauce, remaining pasta, red sauce, white sauce, red sauce, remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the lasagna in a 350 degree oven for 45 -55 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Keywords: easy lasagna, lasagna recipe easy, simple lasagna, how to make lasagna easy