I love a good dip and so I tried this layered pizza dip recipe. In fact if I could eat dip for dinner every night I would. And so I did last week. Maybe it’s the blogger’s life that warrants a dip recipe for dinner, or maybe it’s my love of dips but either way, it was delicious. That’s what counts. This is a super easy dip. The original recipe called for heating it in the microwave. I think that makes it a great recipe to take with you to a party. However, I prefer the oven. Since I was making it at home, I baked it.
Here’s the ingredients for the layered pizza dip recipe:
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 Cup shredded pizza blend cheese (or mozzarella)
3/4 Cup parmesan cheese
8 oz pizza sauce
In a mixing bowl, combine the italian seasoning and cream cheese. Mix well.
Spread the cream cheese onto a 8×8 pan or in this case, a round pan. If you plan to microwave it, make sure to use a microwave safe dish. I also sprayed the pan with cooking spray.
Mix the pizza blend cheese and the parmesan. Sprinkle half on the cream cheese mixture.
Put all the pizza sauce on.
Top with the remaining cheese. You could add additional toppings at this time like pepperoni or green peppers. I choose to stick with just the cheese.
Microwave for 2 – 3 minutes. Or, in my case I baked it in a 350 degree fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes. Serve with toasted french bread or triscuits. Delicious!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 Cup shredded pizza blend cheese (or mozzarella)
- ¾ Cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz pizza sauce
- Mix cream cheese and italian seasoning. Spread on the bottom of an 8x8 microwavable pan. (If planning to microwave.)
- Mix mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle half on cream cheese mixture.
- Put all the pizza sauce on.
- Top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Microwave for 2 - 3 minutes OR bake at 350 degree fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Serve with toasted french bread or triscuits.