Baked easy meatball recipe made with ground beef and pantry ingredients like nutmeg, dried onions and Italian seasoning. Perfect for dinner tonight or ready for the freezer to save for later.
- 1 lb ground beef (85% or 80% fat content)
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls.
- Place in baking pan.
- Bake the meatballs in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 – 30 minutes or until cooked through.
To use for freezer cooking you can freeze after fully cooked to use in crockpot recipes. You can also freeze before baking and following the oven baking instructions above.
I typically triple this recipe to make a batch for dinner but also two additional batches to freeze. I prefer baking them and then freezing so that I can throw them in the crockpot with spaghetti sauce for an easy dinner.
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy meatball recipe, simple meatball recipe, easy meatballs, basic meatball recipe