Delicious baked BBQ Wings bathed in a homemade zesty sauce. Made perfect in the oven instead of being fried, these wings will remind you of your favorite sports bar.
- 3–5 pounds separated chicken wings (drumsticks and wingettes)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons hot wing sauce
- 4 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Boil up a stockpot of water with 1 Tablespoon of salt. Add in 3-5 pounds of separated chicken wings. When the water returns to boil, boil for 6 minutes.
- Remove hot wings; place them on a cooling rack atop a paper towel to drain dry.
- Space them out evenly on an un-greased pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, loosen them up with a metal spatula and flip each one over.
- Put the wings back into the hot oven for another 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. For 3-4 pounds of chicken, mix 2 Tablespoons salted butter, 2 Tablespoons hot wing sauce and 4 Tablespoons of your favorite sweet barbecue sauce. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil and set aside.
- When the timer goes off, move the crispy wings to a bowl, pour on your sauce. With the lid closed, shake the bowl until the sauce evenly coats each piece.
- Serve immediately
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bbq wings in oven, bbq chicken wings, baked bbq chicken wings, bbq chicken wings recipe