Hot pizza dip recipe layered with mozzarella, cheddar and cream cheeses and topped with your favorite pizza toppings like peppers or pepperoni.
On Friday nights we enjoy making homemade pizza but sometimes you want to change it up a bit. And a hot pizza dip layered with cheeses and our favorite pizza toppings sounded like the perfect unique appetizer without leaving the pizza taste behind.
If you don’t have pizza sauce on hand, never fear! Using marina with this recipe will be just as good, if not better. A good quality marinara makes all the difference. It reminded me of my own canned tomatoes.
Pizza Dip Ingredients
- 1 Cup of Bertolli Reserva Marinara (or any favorite)
- cream cheese
- italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- mozzarella shredded cheese
- mild cheddar shredded cheese
- green bell pepper, chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped
- tortilla chips
How To Make Hot Pizza Dip
Step 1: Spray a round cake pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Spread it flat onto your cake pan.
Step 2: Add half of the shredded cheese to the top of the cream cheese mixture. Top with the Bertolli Pasta sauce. Then add the remaining cheese and peppers.
Step 3: Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. It’s that easy! I’m already planning to make pizza dip again next week when we have company. This is one recipe you can make ahead and cook when your guests arrive.
Enjoy with tortilla chips!
More Pizza RecipesPrint
Hot pizza dip layered with mozzarella, cheddar and cream cheese. Topped with your favorite toppings like peppers or pepperoni.
- 1 Cup of marinara or pizza sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1 cup mild cheddar shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup of green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit . Spray round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
- Flatten cream cheese into cake pan until it’s a consistent layer. Top with half of the cheese.
- Add the pasta sauce to the top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and then the peppers.
- Bake at 350˚ F for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Keywords: pizza dip, pizza dip recipe with cream cheese