This easy pizza dough recipe begins with a no-rise dough that is quick to make and produces a homemade crispy pizza crust made in your oven. With only 5 ingredients including all-purpose flour and no-kneading required, if you’ve been looking for the homemade pizza alternative to ordering out, this is it!
Every Friday night our family has what we call, pizza movie night. The kids enjoy eating in the living room picnic style devouring homemade pizza. Sometimes I make deep dish pizza and sometimes I make this easy homemade pizza dough recipe that’s’ from my mother-in-law. Because we’ve done this for years, this recipe has been vetted thoroughly by kids and adults alike. It’s a favorite.
Here’s what I love about this easy homemade pizza dough:
- It’s no-rise which means it’s quick to make and get into the oven for dinner.
- It produces a really crispy crust.
- It’s can easily be doubled, tripled and even quadrupled.
- You can pre-bake the crust so that you’re ready to add toppings later in the day or freeze it to enjoy later in the week.
Table of Contents
How to Make Pizza Dough
The recipe I’m sharing today makes one pizza but can easily be adapted to how many pizzas you need to make. Combine warm water (about 100-110˚ F) with active dry yeast. Let bubble. In a large bowl combine the flour and the salt. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil and stir until well combined to form a soft dough. You can knead it if you prefer, but it’s not necessary.
On a dark baking pan, add a layer of olive oil.
Spread the dough by hand or with a rolling pin. I typically just spread it by hand.
Poke fork holes into the dough. This helps keep the large bubbles from forming. Bake in a 450˚F oven for 5-6 minutes.
Remove from the oven and lift the dough from the pan to make sure the dough is not sticking. This is much easier to do before you add the toppings!
Add your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings.
Return to the 450˚ F oven for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom is a nice golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Let cool a bit before slicing. And that’s it! I love how easy this pizza dough is to make, and how it produces such a great flavored crust that’s crispy too!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Making Pizza Dough Tips
Can you double this pizza dough recipe?
Yes! You can double, triple and even quadruple the recipe. If making multiple batches, I typically use the dough hook on my mixer to make the process easier.
What size pizza does this dough recipe make?
This recipe makes one 12 inch pizza or one 9×13 inch pizza.
Can you make the dough ahead of time? Freeze it?
Yes. Bake the dough in the pan for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. You can freeze the dough partially cooked and then it’s ready to be thawed and toppings added. I like this method when I’m making more than 4 pizzas so I can cut down on the time since I can only bake two pizzas at a time in my oven.
Can I use a pizza stone to bake the pizza?
Yes. I personally feel like it’s so hard to use a pizza stone, but if you’re the master this pizza dough works fine using that baking method.
How to make a crispy crust with your pizza dough?
Two things. Use a dark pan. Also pre-baking the crust 5-6 minutes before adding the toppings really gets the process going towards a crispy pizza.
What kind of flour do you use to make pizza dough?
I use all-purpose flour to make this pizza dough recipe.
What kind of yeast is best for pizza dough?
I use active dry yeast for this pizza dough recipe.
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe Video
More Homemade Dough Recipes
Easy Pizza Dough
- 1/2 Cup warm water 100˚ – 110˚ F
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Combine warm water and yeast and stir to let bubble.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- Add yeast mixture and olive oil to dry ingredients. Stir until well incorporated and the dough is soft.
- Roll out by hand or by rolling pin onto dark baking pan that has a layer of olive oil on it to prevent sticking. Poke holes into the dough with fork. Bake in a preheated 450˚F oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lift crust from pan to make sure it’s not sticking. Add sauce, mozarella cheese and your favorite toppings. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the bottom crust is golden and the toppings are bubbling.
- Let cool, slice and enjoy!
2 Cups warm water (100˚ – 110˚ F)
3 Tablespoons active yeast
6 Cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 Cup olive oil