Soft homemade pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing. Can be decorated like a pumpkin or simply topped with sprinkles.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients of flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the shortening, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg yolks one at time, beating in between.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract mixing well until combined. Then, add the dry ingredients.
- Drop the batter onto a parchment paper lined baking pan using a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop. Smash until about 1/2 an inch in height.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 12 minutes.
The cookie recipe was inspired by Cooking Classy.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: North American