A twist on the traditional hamburger Sheperd’s pie – made with frozen Mrs. T’s Pierogies!
- Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 14 1/2 oz beef broth
- 2 Cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 Cup cheddar cheese
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet with the onion on medium-high heat. During the last few minutes add the garlic.
- Drain the fat remaining once the ground beef is fully cooked, reserving 3 TB of it and adding it back to the pan. Add the flour, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper. Stir.
- Add the beef broth and bring it to a boil – let simmer for about 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- Once the sauce is thickened, add the frozen vegetables and stir. Pour the entire mixture into a 11×7 pan.
- Layer the entire box of Mrs. T’s mini cheddar pierogies in a single layer on top of the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the pierogies are fully cooked.