These sticky buns could not be easier to make! Made with frozen rolls and bathed in sugars and butterscotch pudding, these pull apart gooey sticky buns can be made overnight to enjoy for breakfast.
- 1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped
- 24 thaw and rise frozen rolls
- 4 Tablespoons butterscotch cook and serve pudding mix (approximately 2 oz)
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- Grease a 13×9 pan and spread the nuts evenly. Layer the dinner rolls on top of the nuts. Mix the sugars together with the pudding mix and cinnamon. Sprinkle the sugar/pudding mixture onto the rolls. Melt the butter and pour over the rolls.
- Let the rolls sit at room temperature for 3 – 4 hours or refrigerate all night with time at room temperature of at least 1 hour in the morning. The rolls need to double in size.
- Bake in a preheated 325˚F oven for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the middle roll reaches 190˚ F.
The rate at which the rolls will double in size depends on how warm your kitchen is. If letting them rise in the refrigerator overnight, it will take at least 1 hour for them to continue to rise before you can bake them.
Only use butterscotch pudding that is cook and serve for this recipe. Instant pudding will not yield the same results.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sticky rolls, sticky rolls recipe