Make Stromboli with your favorite toppings – using bread dough!
- 1 loaf of frozena bread dough (1 lb); thawed
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper
- 8 oz. shredded mozarella cheese
- Favorite toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, etc)
- Sauce for dipping
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 egg yolk (save the egg white), 2 tsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Spread out a 1 lb. loaf of bread dough into a 15×7 inch rectangle.
- Layer the garlic spread onto your rectangle with a spatula or spoon.
- On top of the spread, sprinkle 8 oz. of shredded mozzerella and cover with favorite toppings.
- Pulling the dough gently with your hands, fold it over long ways and seal the matching ends tight, forming a seam. Pinch the ends closed.
- Turn dough seam side down to form a cylinder. Make sure there are no holes.
- Lightly brush the top of the stromboli with the saved egg white and cut small slits every two inches with a knife.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown all the way around. The bottom should also be golden brown.
- Allow the stromboli to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Slice and serve with favorite dipping sauce.