Fall porch decor with a farmhouse flair – perfect for Halloween, trick or treat night and those cool fall evenings. 🍁
One of my favorite things about our home is the porch. Once winter hits, I’ll be missing the time I’ve spent almost every evening enjoying the cool breeze in the outdoor space. But until that chilly day – I’m very excited to decorate our porch for fall and the future trick or treaters that will venture to our home.
I wanted our fall porch decor to be colorful with a little bit of Halloween spook. It also doesn’t hurt to add twinkle lights. Ghost twinkle lights!
The kids were excited to help decorate – and my husband was excited to use his new Louisville 8 foot ladder we purchased at True Value. Before hanging any lights on our porch, we wanted to make sure we were using our ladder safely and correctly. Here’s a short video with some ladder safety tips to make sure your project is successful and without incident this fall.
- Before using any ladder make sure it’s in proper working condition.
- Always use the right ladder for the task. Avoid skimping on quality when purchasing a new ladder.
- Check the label on the side of the ladder to see how much weight your ladder can support.
- Don’t stand on the top three rungs of the ladder and never stand on the top step of a step ladder.
- Don’t overextend yourself to reach your work area.
Besides twinkle lights, we decorated our table with cobwebs, candy (of course!) and a spooky lantern. The cobwebs were a mantel piece that I cut into two, to add some spider texture to the space.
I love the pop of color that the season’s orange brings to our white home.
But the lights add a bit more glow to the space when the sun has set for the evening. If you’re decorating this fall season make sure you check out the True Value Halloween decorations here.
How are you decorating your porch this fall?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of True Value. The opinions and text are all mine.