Homemade fresh peach pie recipe with a delicious peach filling of sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 1/2 cups sugar plus 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- 4–1/2 cups sliced peeled, fresh peaches*
- ¼ teaspoon of citric acid or Fruit Fresh to prevent browning
- ¾ cup of reserved juice
- 3 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 Tablepoon flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice peaches and add brown and white sugar. Mix gently. Add citric acid and stir again. Let peaches sit for about 30 minutes. You will notice juice forming. Stir now and then.
- Drain peaches until you have ¾ cup reserved juice. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, and juice. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil over low to medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently fold in peaches. Mix to distribute the thickening.
- Pour pie filling into pie crust dusted with flour. Top with butter.
- Add top crust. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and add aluminum ring and bake for 20 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings. Total time can bake is 45 to 50 minutes
*To peel peaches quickly. Bring to boil a large pan of water. Add four or less peaches at a time. Leave in the water for one minute. Remove each peach, one at a time, and place in ice water. When cool enough to touch, skins slide right off!
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: peach pie, peach pie recipe, peach pie filling, fresh peach pie