There are few recipes that take me back to my childhood, but when I do stumble onto one I want to make it over and over again. Despite the fact that it’s winter, this frozen fruit salad is absolutely a treat to be had. I’ve never been one to shy away from ice cream when it’s 25° F out, so why not fruit salad – frozen.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. And because it’s frozen, you can make it days ahead. It hits the mark on all my favorites. Made with strawberries, pineapple and bananas it can be made year around.
To make this frozen fruit salad recipe you will need:
9 oz of Cool Whip
8 oz of cream cheese, softened
3/4 Cup sugar
2 bananas, sliced
large can of pineapple tidbits, drained
10 oz frozen strawberries
1/2 Cup chopped nuts
In a separate bowl mix together the nuts, bananas, frozen bananas and pineapple.
Fold in the cool whip mixture until well incorporated.
Place in a serving dish to freeze. You can use a 9×13 or a square pan. I picked something in the middle since I like my fruit salad thick but not too thick. Freeze overnight.
Fruit salad made with cool whip, cream cheese, bananas, strawberries and other fruit.
- 9 oz of Cool Whip
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced
- large can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 10 oz frozen strawberries
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
- Mix together cool whip, cream cheese and sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine nuts, pineapple, strawberries and nuts.
- Fold in the cool whip mixture into the nut mixture. Mix well.
- Add to the pan of your choice. Freeze overnight.
- Let thaw for at least 30 minutes before enjoying!
- Category: Dessert