This old-fashioned frozen fruit salad made with cool whip, walnuts, and fresh strawberries will bring you back to your childhood! This dessert treat comes from my grandma’s recipe box and is a great make-ahead dessert in the summer.
- 9 oz of Cool Whip
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced
- large can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 10 oz frozen strawberries (I freeze fresh strawberries ahead of time.)
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Using a hand mixer, whip together cool whip, softened cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine nuts, pineapple, strawberries, and nuts.
- Fold in the cool whip mixture into the fruit and nut mixture. Mix well.
- Add to the pan of your choice. Freeze overnight.
How to Thaw: This fruit salad will be frozen SOLID when you take it out the freezer. That makes it difficult to cut into. Set out this dessert 30 minutes before you want to slice it.
Strawberries: I prefer using fresh strawberries, cutting them into bit size pieces and then freezing them. It make it much easier to consume this dessert. If you’re in a crunch, you can use frozen berries, they’ll just make bigger bites in the final product.
Nuts: If you don’t like them leave them out! I prefer using walnuts in this recipe but any favorite nut will work. (Except peanuts, I don’t recommend using those.)
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 20.7
- Sodium: 60.4
- Fat: 10.1
- Carbohydrates: 24.1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 19.1
Keywords: frozen fruit salad, Frozen fruit salad with cool whip