Fudgy gluten free chocolate cookies made with lots of rich chocolate, almonds, and a touch of expresso. These cookies have a fudgy middle and crispy outside. You will love both their depth of flavor and how easy they are to make.
- 10 oz. semi sweet or dark chocolate baking bars
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon expresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Cup blanched almonds
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips (60% cocoa)
- Melt the dark chocolate bars and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl until creamy and smooth, stirring at every 30 second interval.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all other ingredients with a fork minus the chocolate chips and almonds. Then slowly add your melted chocolate mixture to the batter and stir until combined. Allow the dough to cool for a couple minutes, then stir in your almonds and chocolate chips.
- Put the entire mixture into the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Then scoop out balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- Leave on the pan for for a couple of minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Chill the dough: Before you bake, chill the cookie dough for around 15 minutes. This allows the batter to thicken up.
Melting the chocolate: When melting the chocolate, set the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and then 30 seconds more. Make sure to stir thoroughly each time. Even if there are a few chunks of chocolate, stir until naturally melted.
Freeze: These cookies freeze really well! Store them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How to make egg-less: Simply substitute flax eggs in place of the regular eggs. Keep in mind the cookies will spread more in the oven.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 29.1
- Sodium: 206.5
- Fat: 23.9
- Carbohydrates: 36.1
- Protein: 7.9
- Cholesterol: 31
Keywords: gluten free chocolate cookies