Soft homemade gluten free coconut cookies with a soft chewy texture and crispy edge. Drizzle dark chocolate over the cookies to take them to the next level!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup ground unsweetened coconut
- 4 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whip your butter until fluffy and add 2 cups of sugar. Mix the butter and sugar for about 1 minutes on medium-high speed before adding the egg. Mix for one minute more.
- In large bowl, combine your coconut flour, favorite gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground coconut and tapioca flour.
- In a measuring cup, combine the coconut milk and pure vanilla. With the mixer running on low, alternatively add the flour mixture and milk mixture until they are all gone.
- As soon as the dough is mixed together, drop spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or just when the edges start to golden.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the pan for five minutes before moving to a cooling rack. If desired, drizzle with dark chocolate.
These gluten free coconut cookies freeze really well!
If you prefer your cookies to be less sweet, reduce the sugar to 1 ½ cups.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free cookies, gluten free coconut cookies, soft gluten free cookies