Soft cut out gluten free sugar cookies that are also egg free and dairy free! These are the best – made with Bobs Red Mill gluten free flour.
- 1 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 flax eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 – 22 oz. bag of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons ground flax with 1/3 cup warm water. (This will make your flax eggs.) . Allow it to thicken for five minutes.
- Using an upright mixer on low speed, cream together 1 cup Earth Balance butter, thickened flax meal, granulated sugar and pure vanilla extract.
- Add one complete 22 oz. bag of Gluten Free Baking Flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Mix it again until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut out your favorite shapes.
- Bake the shapes on an un-greased cookie sheet for 8 minutes or until puffed. Allow the cookies to sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before removing.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool before decorating.
If you don’t need these cookies to be dairy free you can use regular butter instead of Earth Balance butter.
If you don’t need these cookies to be egg free, you can substitute real eggs for the flax egg.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free sugar cookie recipe, dairy free sugar cookies, egg free sugar cookies, gluten free cut out cookies