The best ooey gooey butter cake recipe! Start with a layer of pound cake (using a box mix) and top with a creamy layer. This easy dessert recipe is the perfect addition to any meal.
- 16 oz pound cake mix
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a mixer, combine the pound cake mix, softened butter and two eggs for one minute on medium speed. Add to 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread evenly.
- Add cream cheese to your clean mixing bowl and beat until fluffy, about two minutes on medium-high. Add 2 eggs and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until combined. Sift powdered sugar and add to cream cheese mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour onto pound cake mixture in 9×13 pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 350˚ F oven. Let cool before sprinkling with powdered sugar and serving.
Keywords: gooey butter cake, ooey gooey butter cake, gooey butter cake recipe, ooey gooey butter cake from scratch