Make your own Reuben at home with this grilled Reuben sandwich recipe with homemade dressing.
- 6 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound sliced corn beef
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, well drained
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 T. dill relish
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- First, make your dressing. Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 Tablespoons dill relish, 1/4tsp. onion powder, 1/8 tsp. salt and a generous dash of black pepper. Mix it all together.
- Drain your sauerkraut well and then stir in 1 1/2 cups into your mayonnaise mixture. Refrigerate until ready.
- Thirty minutes before dinner, assemble the reuben sandwiches in the following order:buttered slice of bread, slice swiss cheese, 1/3 cup sauerkraut mixture, 2.5 ounces of meat (or 1/3 of your half pound), 1/3 cup sauerkraut mixture, slice swiss cheese, buttered slice of bread
- Grill your sandwiches on low heat and cover the pan with aluminum foil. Flip them over every 5 minutes until the cheese is melted, replacing the foil each time.
- Once insides are hot and melted, turn the heat up to medium, discard the foil, and crisp up both sides of bread before serving.
- Category: Main