Creamy ground beef stroganoff packed with flavor from the homemade sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/8 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 Cup minced onions
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 Cups beef broth
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- egg noodles or rice
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Sprinkle with flour over beef and stir. Add the remaining seasongs and stir to combine. Cook for five minutes over low heat.
- Combine the dry milk and beef broth. Add the broth and cream of mushroom soup to the beef mixture. Stir until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 40 minutes or until desired thickness. Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.
Beef: You can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken in this recipe. I prefer the rich flavor of beef, but a substitute would give you the same texture. I would probably up the beef bouillon if using something other than beef to maintain the same great flavor.
Beef Broth: I keep better than bouillon in my refrigerator to make broth. Not only is it easy, but it allows you to control the depth of flavors. One jar will last you a long time.
Egg Noodles: You can serve this over egg noodles (which is what I prefer) or rice. Both are delicious. It doesn’t matter the width of the egg noodles you purchase. It’s purely personal taste.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 478
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 797.6
- Fat: 10.4
- Carbohydrates: 54.5
- Protein: 39.6
- Cholesterol: 117.2
Keywords: ground beef stroganoff