Easy healthy cookie recipe made with oatmeal and chocolate. Egg free!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1–1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 Cup pecans
- 1 cup butter or butter substitute, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a standing mixer, combine your dry ingredients into the mixing bowl: 3 cups old fashioned oats, 1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar, 1 cup white flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, 1/2 cup dried fruit, 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together 1 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup melted coconut oil and 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract. Pour the mixture as well as one egg slowly into your mixing bowl as it runs on low speed.
- Next, pour in up to 1/4 cup of cold water until the dough sticks together.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, roll the dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Baked them at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. If dough spreads, use a spatula at 10 minutes to push the dough back to the center of the cookie and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet until firm and then transfer them to a wire rack.
To make egg free add one tablespoon of flax seed instead of the egg.
- Category: Snack