Healthy Monster Cookie Recipe
When I think of this monster cookie recipe, I don’t necessarily think of the size of the cookie as much as the amount of ingredients. This cookie is not a simple one but it’s one that has been a big hit in our family. If you’re looking for a great cookie that will be a hit with the kids, and packs in some protein – well, as much as a cookie can, then this cookie is for you.
I’m always looking for a cookie this time of year to take with me when we’re running the many errands we need to run. This one is a hit with my kids and the nuts help to satisfy them. Plus, my boys love that the word “monster” is in the title of the recipe.
You will need quite a few ingredients to make this monster cookie recipe. You will need butter, sugar, dark brown sugar, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla, flour, rice krispies cereal, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, rolled oats, dried fruit, chocolate chips and chopped pecans. I told you there were quite a few ingredients!
Preheat your oven to 350 F. Whip the butter and sugars in a mixer until you have a creamy consistency. Add the applesauce and vanilla and beat on medium until well mixed.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flours, powders, soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the flour mixer to the mixing bowl until well mix. On low speed (or by hand) mix in the oats, fruit and pecans until evenly distributed.
Chill the dough for at least one hour.
Form the dough into balls and baked on a greased cookie sheet for 8 – 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
These monster cookies really satisfy! Enjoy!Print
A delicious monster cookie recipe made with unsweetened applesauce!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice krispies cereal
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a mixer, whip the butter and then add the sugars until you have a creamy consistency.
- Add the applesauce and vanilla and beat on medium speed until mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, powders, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and beat until well mixed.
- Using low speed or by hand, stir in the oats, fruit and pecans until evenly distributed.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour.
- Form the dough into balls and bake on greased cookie sheets for 8 – 10 minutes until slightly golden.
You may also want to try this Gingerbread Cookie Recipe!