Easy homemade chicken nuggets using a variety of spices like garlic, onion and salt baked with boneless chicken breasts or tenders.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces.
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, preferably whole wheat for brown color
- Cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut up your chicken into 1 ½ inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¼ cup flour, 1 tsp. onion powder, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ¼ tsp. sea salt, and ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Set yourself up an assembly line. Bowl one has the flour/spice mixture, bowl two has ¼ cup milk and bowl three has ½ cup panko bread crumbs.
- Toss the chicken in the flour/spice mixture, followed by the milk and lastly, rolling them into the bread crumbs. Lay them evenly on the papered baking sheet.
- Spray the nuggets with a thin coating of cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 nugget
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: .2
- Sodium: 40.7
- Fat: .6
- Carbohydrates: 1.5
- Protein: 5.4
- Cholesterol: 16.6
Keywords: homemade chicken nuggets