Super moist homemade chocolate cake recipe that is full of rich chocolate flavor and topped with a thick chocolate butter glaze. This from scratch chocolate cake can be made in a bundt pan or tube pan.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon. baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1–4 oz. semi sweet chocolate baking bar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ F and butter and flour a tube or bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking soda and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, and milk and heat at one minute intervals until you get a rich hot cocoa like consistency. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into your dry bowl and whisk until you no longer see flour.
- Add your eggs one at a time using the whisk just until combined and do the same with 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Gently fold in the sour cream and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When the cake has cooled for at least 15 minutes, gently insert a knife along the sides of the pan and flip it over to reveal the decoration. If using a regular tube pan, remove the bottom.
- To make the glaze, melt the salted butter, coconut oil, water, and baking chocolate in a small saucepan. Whisk in your powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Use a blender to remove any lumps. Drizzle or spread the glaze onto your cake.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade chocolate cake