Moist from scratch homemade cornbread recipe made in the cast iron skillet.
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 Cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and lightly grease a 9 inch cast iron round skillet.
- Whisk together the egg and milk. Slowly whisk in the melted butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Add to your cast iron skillet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet this recipe can be made in an 8×8 square pan or 9 inch cake pan. You can also double the recipe and make in an 9×13 pan. Make sure to adjust your baking time.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make homemade cornbread, homemade cornbread, cast iron skillet cornbread, cast iron cornbread recipe, old fashioned cornbread recipe