Creamy hummus made from scratch using tahini for an authentic taste!
- 15 oz. can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 3 heaping Tablespoon of tahini
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from large half lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Drain the can of beans from their liquid and put in a food processor. Set the liquid aside.
- Juice half a large lemon (about 2 T) and add it to your food processor.
- Add 3 heaping T. of tahini, 2 T. olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. cumin to the food processor as well.
- Turn on your food processor and puree the mixture (will be thick).
- After about 20 seconds and while the machine is running, slowly pour 1/4 cup reserved bean liquid into the processor to thin it out.
- If needed, add more liquid, lemon, garlic, salt…all to preference & taste!
- Serve with chips, veggies and/or pita bread.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 32
- Sugar: .2
- Sodium: 81
- Fat: 2.1
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: homemade hummus