Make your own pop tarts at home and fill them with peanut butter and jelly for a real treat!
- 1 Pkg. Refrigerated Pie Crust
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Jelly
- 1 teaspoon Flour + extra for dusting
- 1 Egg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Cut out pie crust into 3×4 inch rectangles. Re-roll left over dough with rolling pin until you are out of dough, with both crusts you should get about 16 rectangles for 8 pastries.
- In a small Bowl mix the Jelly and Flour together.
- Place two alternating stripes of ½ – ¾ teas. Jelly mixture and Peanut Butter on half of the rectangles.
- Place a rectangle on top and seal with a forks tines working your way around the entire pastry.
- Place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Optional you can brush with an egg wash (egg beaten with 1 teas. of water) for better browning.
- Bake at 425˚ until golden brown. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make pop tarts, homemade pop tarts recipe