Crock pot baked beans with bacon. These are homemade made from scratch and are simply the best!
- 6 oz. bacon, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 – 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 – 15 oz. can cannellini or navy beans
- 3 – 15 oz. cans pinto beans
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 T. yellow mustard
- 1 T. white vinegar
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. hickory liquid smoke
- In an Instant Pot or frying pan, saute 6 oz. of chopped bacon until crispy. Pour out the bacon and grease onto a paper towel and set aside.
- Using any remaining bacon grease, saute 1 1/3 cup chopped onion until translucent. Then turn off the heat.
- Drain 1 – 15 oz. can each of kidney, black and cannellini beans and 3 – 15 oz. cans of pinto beans. Place your drained beans into the inner pot of the Instant Pot or into your crock pot.
- Mix together 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup molasses, 3 oz. (half can) of tomato paste, 1/4 cup water, 1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard, 1 Tablespoon white vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp. ground pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons hickory infused liquid smoke.
- Slowly pour the sauce over the beans, add in the crispy bacon and stir until combined.
- If using the Instant Pot, cover and slow cook at normal temperature for 4 hours If using a regular slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours. Stir a few times in between.
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: baked beans, slow cooker baked beans with bacon, crock pot baked beans with bacon, slow cooker baked beans from scratch