Homemade trail mix made with seasoned pecans.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 10 – 16 oz. pecans
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- To make brown sugar pecans, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white in a large egg.
- Using a hand held or standing mixer, beat the egg white in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar and 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract.
- Depending on desired sweetness, coat 10 – 16 oz. of pecans with the sugar mixture and spread them onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, flip, and bake additional 3 minutes until golden. Let cool.
- For trail mix, stir together 1 cup salted peanuts, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup banana chips, 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, and 1 heaping cup of brown sugar pecans.
- Category: Snack