Packed with protein and flavor this hot tuna salad is a twist on the traditional sandwich favorite.
- 6 1/2 oz canned tuna in oil, drained
- 1 Cup celery, diced
- 1/4 Cup onion, diced
- 1 Can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 Can of peas (approx. 7.5 oz)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 16 saltine crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
- Combine all ingredients reserving 4 saltine crackers for the topping. Add to 1.5 quart casserole dish.
- Top with remaining crushed saltines. Bake at 425˚ F for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Using canned peas provides a nutty flavor that you cannot get with fresh peas.
I used tuna in oil because that is how the recipe was originally written. You can used canned tuna in water if you prefer. I’m not sure how it will affect the flavor.
Keywords: hot tuna salad, hot tuna salad casserole with eggs