Easily make mashed potatoes in the crockpot slow cooker!
- 5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Butter, cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into approximately 2 inch slices. Add them to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the milk.
- Turn the crockpot on high and cook for four hours.
- When the potatoes are fully cooked, add warmed milk and beat with an electric mixer. Add just a little milk at a time until you get your desired creaminess.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in the crockpot.
If you like butter, add another stick. It’s gooood!
These freeze very well, so put the leftovers in the freezer and reheat on another day.
Before using the electric mixer, you can mash up potatoes using a potato masher. This will allow you to mash up the potatoes and avoid the risk of them becoming gummy – which can happen if you mix them too much.
Like chunky mashed potatoes, doesn’t mix them for as long.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 2.1
- Sodium: 599.1
- Fat: 7.9
- Carbohydrates: 33.9
- Protein: 4.4
- Cholesterol: 20.5
Keywords: slow cooker masked potatoes