Make your own pizza crust using cornmeal. I delicious and crispy alternative to take out!
- 2 ¼ tsp yeast
- 1 Cup warm water
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Cup white flour
- ¾ Cup whole wheat flour (can substitute white here)
- ½ Cup cornmeal
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- Start out by putting 2 ¼ tsp regular yeast into a large bowl.
- Pour 1 cup warm water over the yeast, stir, and let it sit 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Add 2 TB olive oil, 1 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp sugar to the bubbly mixture and stir.
- Add 1 Cup white flour, ¾ Cup whole wheat flour (can sub more white flour) and ½ Cup cornmeal directly to the bowl.
- Stir together until you reach a dough consistency.
- Grab some more flour with your hand and knead the dough for about 30 seconds until you get a soft ball that leaves indentations with the touch of your finger.
- Cover the bowl with a large towel soaked in hot water and wrung out. Place the bowl into a cold oven with the oven light on.
- Go do something fun for the next hour and come back finding your dough is twice the size!
- Flour your fingers again and spread the dough evenly on a large pizza pan, greased with a dash of olive oil.
- Decorate with sauce, veggies, cheese and pepperoni, in that order. Make sure to leave naked crust at the edges so you can butter it up!
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes
- Category: Main