Do you want an easy icing for sugar cookies that leaves everybody wanting more? Yesterday I shared a wonderful Easy Sugar Cookies recipe. Today I want to share how to make a quick and easy glaze/icing that goes perfect with the sugar cookie recipe.
And the best part — it’s two ingredients! You know I like to keep it Cleverly Simple!
Let’s start with the ingredients. (Make sure you have your cookies ready. You can find the best sugar cookie recipe here.)
Want more sugar cookie inspiration?
To find the Best Sugar Cookie Recipe, head over here.
To find the Best way to Simplify the Sugar Cookie Recipe process, head over here.Print
This is easiest sugar cookie icing ever. It’s made with only two ingredients!
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 tsp Milk
- Mix ingredients with fork.
- Add food coloring to icing (optional) to create unique colors.
- Add icing to your favorite cookie recipe.
You can customize this recipe by adding powdered sugar to make it thicker. Add more milk to make it a glaze.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookie icing, sugar cookie frosting, cookie icing
You start with the simple ingredients of powdered sugar and milk. And of course, make sure you have your sugar cookies baked and cooled.
1. Mix the powdered sugar and milk with a fork until smooth. The powdered sugar will dissolve. There’s no need to dirty more dishes than that! I like the consistency of this recipe but you can make it thinner or thicker by adding more milk or more powdered sugar.
2. Add the icing to a ziploc sandwich bag. (If you’re fancy, you can use an icing bag.) Add food coloring to color. (Optional) Mix.
*This is a great step for kids!
3. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
4. Pipe the icing onto the cookie and use a knife to spread the icing.
If you like to add a bit of color, just follow the first steps and use a different color of icing. The glaze does start to dry immediately. Therefore, add sprinkles right away.
Let the cookies sit until the icing/glaze has time to harden. You can then stack the cookies. They freeze really well this way so you can bake weeks ahead of Christmas!
More Best Cookies Recipes
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- The Microwave Easy Way to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Grandma’s Brickle Cookies
- The Best Gingerbread Cookies Recipe